Saturday, February 16, 2008

The Shrine


When I got my mail today my dues card for the Shrine was in it. I thought that I was going to have to wait until March and figured some guys would go out to vote against me but they didn't get the chance. I am a member of Za Ga Zig Shrine.

I dropped out of the Shrine several years ago but the other day I read a story about a young man and his son coming up on a stage to give a talk.

The father said, "A year ago for my son to be able to get up on this stage he would have had to crawl. Now because of the Shriner's Hospitals he is able to walk up here." I decided right there that even if I don't get active with the Shrine I at least wanted to be associated with this group which does so much good work. And now I am.
(My Fez has a slight odor about it and I am going to have to spray it with Fabreeze but it looks good.) ARTYAL, Hugs, j-bear

No comments: