Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Snow on Tuesday

I have a new cleaning lady. My last one just disappeared off the face of the earth. She called one day when I was not expecting her and I didn't let her come. She must have gotten mad at me because she just stopped coming. I really don't care as she didn't do all that great a job and I just kept her because she was already hired.

I found my new person on Craigslist which is sort of a classified ads on the internet. We e-mailed back and forth and today she came over and my house is clean again. Her name is Jessica and she is young and pretty and she did a good job. Max was even pretty good around her. He is still going to stay in his room when she is here because he just gets excited. Jessica seems to be all right with him and understand Shelties. She is coming once a month.

I had to go out today and I waited a little too long and the snow had already started. But my four wheel drive got me to the drugstore and the post office and the grocery store and I have groceries and a new hycianth and a pot of soup on the stove.

I don't really know how to make soup but I brown the meat (stew meat) and throw some frozen corn and vegetables, etc. in the pot. Throw in some water and some dry soup and seasonings (whatever feels good) and a package of dry minnestrone soup. I also used a box of Emil' beef stock. It turns out to be good. I had a cup of it with my steak, salad and baked potato for supper.

I also went online and ordered my hotel reservation for the Red Cross of Constantine Annual meeting in San Diego this summer. Then I tried to book a flight on Expedia.com for the airplane flight and wound up calling and talking to a sweet little person (probably from India) who helped me book my flight. Later on I got a phone call from Master Card to check to see if I had ordered an airplane ticket. I really appreciate that they will do that and check when there is a big ticket item on the card.

I look forward to this meeting each year. I really enjoy the event. I will be leaving in June and will stay one day beyond the close of the meeting. I am hoping to get some sight seeing in while I am there. I was hoping that I would have a Knight Companion go with me but he wouldn't commit this long before the meeting so it looks like I will be going alone. If he does go he will have to have his own room because mine is booked and it has a king sized bed. I needed a handicap accessible room and that is what they had. If I had gotten a different room we could have shared the expense and it would not have cost so much but I guess I will be able to afford it if I don't have to pay too much in taxes to the IRS. Gawd I hate this time of year.

I think I am just babbling so I am going to close this post. I am really sick of the snow. I hope it goes away by the week-end as Wade and I are going to Iowa City for a Grand Lodge reception. I don't usually like going to these things but in this case the officer is someone I have known for several years and I like and respect him. And it should be fun to travel with Wade and that is what this is all about - having fun. ARYAL, Big Hugs, j-b

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

There are lots of really great soup recipes in the Masonic Cookbook currently available for sale through the Grand Lodge of Iowa. The recipes were all contributed by Masons and their ladies, mostly from Iowa but several from out of state. All proceeds from the sale of this cookbook go to support the American Cancer Society's Hope Lodge, a home away from home for patients undergoing outpatient cancer treatment. Just send a check for $23, and your mailing address to: Grand Lodge of Iowa, PO Box 279, Cedar Rapids IA 52406-0279, and say "Send me my cookbook!" You'll be glad you did.