Thursday, February 21, 2008

Lodge Night/ Mixed Bag




Once again Thursday has rolled around and we had Lodge tonight. It was a Fellowcraft Degree and I thought that is was excellent. But then who am I to judge?

Bryce Hildreth came up from Ankeny to do the Stair Lecture and I have never heard him do it better. He got his lecture from Jerry Marsengill who got it from Ralston James and it is really a nice one. The lecture is not really set in stone (read that Ritual) and can be changed. I have heard many different ones and enjoy them all.

On another note I got this poem in an e-mail today. It seems to fit our weather.
Hello boys and girls.
Today, the story lady will read you a poem about wintertime!

It's winter time in Iowa
And the gentle breezes blow
Seventy miles an hour
At twenty-five below.

Oh, how I love my Iowa
When the snow's up to your butt
You take a breath of winter
And your nose gets frozen shut.

Yes, the weather here is wonderful
So I guess I'll "stick" around
I could never leave my Iowa
'Cause I'm frozen to the ground!
And I also got an e-mail with pictures from Eagle River, Alaska where the temperature gets to -54 degrees and the eagles are more common than crows. PGHP Jim Nagel sent them to me. I think they are worth sharing. You can click on them to see them larger.







































And finally this awful picture entitled Hill-Billy. People who do this sort of thing have way too much time on their hands. ARTYAL, Hugs, j

3 comments:

Kurt said...

Wow, such a beautiful sight of our nation's majestic bird.

bobbie said...

Those eagle pictures are just amazing@

Dianne said...

I love the poem and the photos except there's one photo that made me think of Hitchcock

and no, not the Billary shot ;)