Sunday, February 10, 2008

Grand Lodge Reception

Wade Sheeler and I went to Iowa City today for a Grand Lodge Reception for Jason Wolcott, Grand Marshal and Michael Langford, Grand Musician at Iowa City Lodge #4. (Read Wade's Post on this event here.)

The theme was a Mardi Gras theme and the menu was Jambalaya, Carrots, Corn Bread and Pineapple Bread Pudding. Not your usual Masonic Meal (it was wonderful).

You can see all the pictures on line by clicking on the picture of the Mask or here.

Nice "bling"
Wade and Denny sharing a moment.
Our Senior Past Grand Master, Woody Mooris and Jason Wolcott. It was a real honor to meet Woody. He is a member of the Red Cross of Constantine and I have been sending him letters for ages. He is a real gentleman. He has a great sense of humor also.
The "obligatory" picture - Denny and Janet
We had a presentation about Hope Lodge. This is an artists rendering of what the 29 bed unit will look like. The Masons of Iowa are comitted to raising $250,000. towards this project. You can donate by clicking on the link on the left. Grand Master Don reported that the last report he had gotten a little over $55,000 has been collected. We have a way to go yet.

It was a grand day and we both had a good time. Wade is a great traveling companion and we talked about a wide range of things. The trip back was rather scary because of the blowing snow and the ice on the road. I could not drive as fast as usual and there were two places where we had to stop altogether while they took care of accidents. There were horse trailers and RV's blocking the road. Lots of cars in the ditch. We left Iowa City about 6:30 and I did not get home until 11:30. I was really glad that Wade was with me because I would have been a lot more nervous if I had been alone.
Addendum: Read about the Black Ice on I-80 here.
ARYAL, Hugs, j

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The dinner may not have been traditional, but it was an OFFICIAL MASONIC MEAL. Why? I had two blanched green beens in my salad.

That's one of the benefits of having younger Grand Officers. They are more open to new and different possibilities. I'm still waiting for somebody to offer Sushi or Sashimi as part of the meal.