Thursday, February 14, 2008

Welcome Randy


We have a new Brother at Arcadia Lodge. Randy received his first degree tonight. It was a small but appreciative group at Lodge tonight, after all it is Valentine's Day. The work was good (except I turned a couple of sentences in the apron lecture around - maybe someday I'll get it right.) and a couple of people did new things which they had never done before. They did great!

It is always nice to welcome a new Brother and since I was on his Investigating Committee I got to meet him and get to know him personally by the interview.

Brother Kyle was home on leave and it was a surprise to see him and we welcomed Marty from Blue Lodge #3 in South Dakota. Marty is a student at Iowa State and I got to meet him also for a supper at Battle's Barbecue a couple of weeks ago. So it really felt like we had two new Brothers with us tonight. It was fun.

Of course, the degree was nothing like that pictured on the post card above. I found it on the Internet and it is fun. Years ago there were post cards with Masonic themes. Mother had a post card collection and she gave me all the Masonic cards. My favorite one is of a Mason and his lady draped across the Square and Compass. She is saying "I dearly love a Mason because a Mason is on the Square." Cony maybe but cute and a part of out history. I will have to hunt for it and take a picture of it.

Always Remember That You Are Loved. Hugs, j-bear

No comments: