Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Christmas Eve Luncheon

Amy and Michael and I had lunch at the Cafe today.  Amy lives in Texas and Michael in Minnesota.  It is really good to see them and to spend some time with them.












You get this effect in the picture when you drop the camera in the f*&^ing snow in the parking lot and all of the moisture is not off the lens.  I am glad that the other pictures came out better after I used my (cloth) napkin.









It was fun to run into Gwen and John Mitzel who are spending Christmas in Ames.  They just got back from a 26 day cruise where they went through the Panama Canal.  I am a little envious.  Maybe when I win the lottery.  (Yeah right)







Ginny sent me copies of all of Mom's Christmas letters that she had saved.  She scanned them in and it was fun reading them.  I have not been a great fan of Christmas letters but they are a record of the past years.  She mentioned every important event through the years.  It was really nice to read them.

Michael told me something that Aunt Jo said about my mom.  It was nice to hear but it made me miss her a lot.  She has been gone for 15 years (almost) and reading the letters brought her back.  We never really lose those we love.  They are always with us - Especially at Christmas.  Always Remember That You Are Loved.  Give yourself a big hug from me.  J-bear

No comments: