Saturday, December 27, 2008

The Night Sky

When I was younger I used to sleep outside once in awhile and could lay on my back and gaze up at the stars. Today because of light pollution we can't see them as we used to (unless you live in Flagstaff where the above picture was taken) - Of course I had to put my glasses on to be able to see them but no matter it was awesome (overused word) and it made me feel very small (a good thing cause I have always been fat) but also a part of something enormous. If, like me, pictures of the heavens and astronomical phenomena turn you on go here to look at the Best 50 Astronomy Pictures of Year 2008.
h/t Dr. Joan Bushwells Chimpanzee Refuge

4 comments:

Ur-spo said...

One of the nice things about living in Arizona is the night sky - lots of clear nights and quiet areas to see the stars.
Every night I turn my sky wheel another day, and watch the sky progress.

Ruth Hull Chatlien said...

That's a great photo.

kenju said...

It makes me want to move to Flagstaff, which I liked a lot the one time I was there. Thanks for the links, Jay.

kenju said...

Jay, about the heart transplant memories: Edgar Cayce said many years ago that memories reside in each individual cell of our bodies, not just in the brain. Looks like he was right.