Saturday, December 27, 2008

Dr. Joan Again

A comment on an earlier post
kenju said...
Jay, about the heart transplant memories: Edgar Cayce said many years ago that memories reside in each individual cell of our bodies, not just in the brain. Looks like he was right
dumbfounded me for a minute but then I realized that kenju had followed the link to Dr. Joan Bushwell's Chimpanzee Refuge and found this story about the human heart. What freaked me out was that I was just then watching this fascinating video about memories and tastes are transplanted with the human heart. It is worth the 10 minutes it takes to watch it.

I know that last year when I was going through some emotional trauma I could feel the pain in my heart area. I was really hurting and it was a very real feeling. I also know that I have gotten over it because now I no longer feel anything when I think back on it. Other than a little sadness because a friendship was lost. But I survived and am stronger for it and so I no longer "bother" about it. But it was real and it did hurt. I suppose my "heart has hardened" towards that person or maybe I just see things as they really are and feel some sorrow because he no longer has me for a close friend. I have other closer friends who give me awards (even if I don't deserve it and accompanied by a perfectly horrible picture - well maybe not that bad - it does look like me.) And so in true Blogaward fashion I give the award to two Brothers
Craig and Kurt. Two guys closer to me than blood brothers would be. Together we have done some exciting things this year and they seem to like me even when they know all about me.
Thanks for stopping by, ARTYAL. Hugs, j
True Brother Award to both of them.

3 comments:

kemibe said...

Careful! That post was lifted verbatim from a muddled Young Earth Creationist's page. Anything he got right he got right by accident.

Kurt said...

Thanks for the award, and I'm glad to see that you put an as equally bad picture of me up too. :)

jaycoles@gmail.com said...

But you know it is my favorite picture of you. BEFG. j