Friday, December 19, 2008

Wordzzle

As always click on the button to see the guidelines.
And don't forget to go to Raven's Nest to see all the others.


This Week's Ten Word Challenge: When pigs have wings, Moonlight, Mystery, Tower of Babel, Butterflies, Bread and butter, Beef barley soup, Charley horse, Novelty, Cold shoulder

Mini Challenge: Software, Lottery, Newspaper, Mailman, Ringo Starr’s drum
Reverse order this week.
Just then Phrog rolled over and groaned. He was awake and seemingly all right. As he dragged himself off the bed he looked around him. Over in the corner he saw Ringo Starr’s drum which was stacked with the other presents waiting for the mailman to come to collect it. He saw a newspaper with which he would wrap the drum and noted that the lottery prize was up to 10 millon dollars. Gee, he thought to him with the new software I purchased I could win the grand prize. The others were looking at him but were kind of giving him the cold shoulder. He thought perhaps the novelty of his remarks when he was passed out had upset them. Just then his leg began to hurt and he recognized the onset of a charley horse. He requested some Beef barley soup with some bread and butter.

He looked out the window and saw that Saydie's tame butterflies were making the Tower of Babel formation to the tune of Mystery Moonlight. "Oh well, perhaps I am still not feeling well. Perhaps I will be better when pigs have wings....Merry Christmas everyone!" he said and lapsed back into his coma.

Next Week's Ten Word Challenge will be: We were born on the same day in the same hospital, Weeping willow, Two for one sale, Highway robbery, Burial ground, roll of paper towels, gospel singer, gallows, weirdo, volcano



Mini Challenge: Symbiosis, Sagging breasts, Navaho blanket, Frogmen, Who says I got no heart?

7 comments:

Raven said...

Poor Phrog! Well done as always!

Melli said...

Oh goodness! I hope Phrog is feeling better soon! A coma... That's serious!

Akelamalu said...

I hope the beef and barley soup worked it's magic on Phrog!

I didn't play this week, too much to do I'm afraid, but just had to come and read everyone else's. :)

Dr.John said...

A another great Phrog story. I do hope he comes out of that coma.He is the only one I know that treats a charley horse with beef barley soup besides Agent 012.

bettygram said...

Good story. May the beef barley soup and bread and butter heal him as he rests in the coma.

Anonymous said...

Phrog has good instincts. Beef and barley soup sounds like good medicine to me.
I hope he gets all the rest and nourishment he needs during the next 2 weeks!

Dianne said...

well a good coma can be restful ;)

I love butterflies making a formation!!