Sunday, December 14, 2008

Sunday Wisdom


From One Mountain, Many Paths
An American Freemason Speaks Out for Peace
by Dr. Patrick Swift
Click book or here to go to the page and buy it for yourself,

Say (O Muhammad): We believe in Allah and that which is revealed unto us and that which was revealed unto Abraham and Ishmael and Isaac and Jacob and the tribes. and that which was vouchsafed unto Moses and Jesus and the prophets from their Lord. We make no distinction between any of them, and unto Him we have surrendered.

The Meaning of the Glorious Quran 3:84
Islam

All the people of the world are equally members of the same family.

Ofudesaki 1:43, Adapted
Shinto

It is my understanding that Islam means submission to the will of Allah (God). It like many others is an inclusive religion. It accepts the Law and the Prophets and Jesus as one of them.

If all the people of the world are a part of our family we should treat each other like family. We should care for each other and pray for each other's well being. All too often those who profess Christianity as their religion forget the message of Jesus in the way we should treat others. The story of the woman at the well and the Good Samaritan point up the Master's growing acceptance that his message was not just for the Jewish people. And the powerful vision and experience of Peter in Acts points this out further:

Acts 10:
25And as Peter was coming in, Cornelius met him, and fell down at his feet, and worshipped him.
26But Peter took him up, saying, Stand up; I myself also am a man.
27And as he talked with him, he went in, and found many that were come together.

28And he said unto them, Ye know how that it is an unlawful thing for a man that is a Jew to keep company, or come unto one of another nation; but God hath shewed me that I should not call any man common or unclean.
29Therefore came I unto you without gainsaying, as soon as I was sent for: I ask therefore for what intent ye have sent for me?
30And Cornelius said, Four days ago I was fasting until this hour; and at the ninth hour I prayed in my house, and, behold, a man stood before me in bright clothing,
31And said, Cornelius, thy prayer is heard, and thine alms are had in remembrance in the sight of God.
32Send therefore to Joppa, and call hither Simon, whose surname is Peter; he is lodged in the house of one Simon a tanner by the sea side: who, when he cometh, shall speak unto thee.
33Immediately therefore I sent to thee; and thou hast well done that thou art come. Now therefore are we all here present before God, to hear all things that are commanded thee of God.
34Then Peter opened his mouth, and said, Of a truth I perceive that God is no respecter of persons:
35But in every nation he that feareth him, and worketh righteousness, is accepted with him.


To me this is an eye-opening revelation. God loves all of His children and His creation. We must realize this and recognize that we are to help and care for one another. This is the lesson I got from today's opening. Feel free to add your own thoughts in the comments.

No comments: