Tuesday, December 30, 2008

The Kennedy Center Honors


There are one or two nights I watch TV and I don't answer the phone or do anything (except during commercials) One of those nights is the Tony Awards. The other is the Kennedy Center Honors. I sort of watch the Oscars but the Emmy's are a tape and fast forward show. Tonight the Kennedy Center Honored five more artists (really six) - My impressions and some links about tonight's ceremony.
Click on the picture to go th the Web Site to access biography information about the Honorees.


Morgan Freeman“I look for Characters that express the human heart and glorify the human experience.”

I love this actor. I first became aware of him in Driving Miss Daisy. He has a dignity and presence unequaled by any other actor. They had some blues singers honoring him and B. B. King.
Check his movie data base here.

Twyla Tharp - She’s thinking “I could make a dance our of this” She said. {Being a star} “wasn’t enough I want to be a galaxy.”

Dance to me is the ultimate expression of humanity. I have always loved it and am really sorry that the Arts and Entertainment Network has degenerated to the point where the Arts aren't shown as much as they used to.

Pete Townshend & Roger Daltrey - Brothers in song – Musical warriors who fought for the fire of life.

George Jones

Still Country, still King. = Jones is in fact “the personification of cool,”

Barbara Streisand
“I wanted to stretch myself as a human being.”
Barbara Striesand is from November to April younger than me. I have loved her and followed her for over 40 years. She sang at the Hollywood Bowl in 1968 and I went. She has broken every ceiling there is to break and she is a Democrat and she blogs. What more could I ask.

So once again the best night of TV has come and gone and Five (six) more individuals have had their names added to the wall of fame. Tomorrow night I go to the Symphony in Des Moines. I am excited. Thanks for stopping by. ARTYAL. Hugs - J-bear

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

They were all overdue choices for this honor. Morgan Freeman deserved an Oscar for Driving Miss Daisy, but he finally got his! Babs is hotter than donut grease, just like Tina Turner.

Happy New Year to everyone wherever you might be reading from.

Jay, thanks for keeping me up to date all year long and keeping my mind fresh and open! Thanks for being a BROTHER!

TD