Sunday, May 9, 2010

Date Night

I have never been a big fan of Steve Carell.That may be changing. And Tina Fey, what can I say? Comic genius! I did not get to see this film when it first opened so I am late in getting to it but today the cough was more under control and I needed to get out of the house, having spent the entire day yesterday in the house coughing.

I could have gone to see Iron Man 2 but I read a bad review of it and a good friend (Bob of Bob's Photos) had recommended that I catch this film. So I decided to go and see it. I am really glad I made the choice I made.

I half expected a remake of the old Sandy Dennis movie The Out of Towners but this was nothing like that. Hip and modern and very well put together. I could predict that the couple were in a rut and needed to do something different but was not expecting some of the twists of the plot. It kept me interested for most of the movie.

I think my favorite part was when they hooked up with a taxi.
It has an excellent cast:
Anyway I enjoyed the movie and tonight I will enjoy television. I am about to go through my list of things to record and Unfriend some of the shows I am currently taping. Too many of them have just become reruns. Not of the episodes but of the same old story/plot lines. I am losing interest. Would rather have a nice glass of Scotch and read a good book. I did however enjoy Betty White on SNL last night. Here is her monologue:

1 comment:

Ur-spo said...

thank you for posting this !
I missed it and was sorry, so I got to see it thank to you!