Saturday, May 15, 2010

What happened???

I took this picture the other day in the HyVee parking lot. It sort of is an allegory for the way the week has gone. Monday as you know Miles went to be neutered and Bailey was groomed. I was still fighting my cold/whatever. Tuesday night Jon took Miles camping to the Ledges with the people he works with. Sometime on Tuesday Blogger shut me down. Thus began a round of frustration and dark clouds in my sky. No matter what I tried I cold not get the thing restored. Not only my g-mail account but also all of my blogs (There are seven) - my calendars, my Picasa albums and my Google Docs. A great deal of work product representing thousands (or at least hundreds) of hours of work. I pay extra for storage and I am currently using 7% of the 3 GB I pay for. That is really a lot of "stuff"
I tried to get them to reactivate my account by having them send a text message and a voice message to my cell phone. Nada. Nothing came through. I looked to see what was wrong on the status page and found that others were having the same problem. I began to get depressed and then mad and angry enough to sue. There was no response from Blogger no matter what I did. - I posted this on Facebook

If you use Google or g-mail or Google Docs or Blogger be sure to back things up somewhere else. Google can kick you off for no reason and give you no explanation nor can you contact them to get reinstated. All my blogs are gone and my documents and my picture albums. The company does not respond when you send in e-mails. I will never trust them again.



And I won't.

It was all very depressing and I was ill and coughing a lot and not sleeping well and thinking about all the calendars I have and maintain on there and well it was just worrysome.

Jon came back from camping and he was telling about his experience and it was funny as hell. When Miles got there he was jumping on people and trying to do what male dogs do even though he had lost his equipment the day before. Finally they settled down and went to sleep around the fire. In the middle of the night the fire went out and Jon discovered that Miles is afraid of the dark. He crawled up on Jon's chest and would not move. Jon said he was spooked by the owls and other animal sounds. Finally during the middle of the night they went to the car

Miles in the front seat and Jon in the back. Good thing too because it started to rain. Miles then climbed over the seat and crawled in the back with Jon. When Jon got up he got out of the car and stepped right in the middle of a puddle of water. He brought Miles home and then he went home to sleep. Miles went to sleep in the back room where he does not usually sleep.

Thursday I went to the Doctor and he diagnosed Bronchitis so I am on an antibiotic and have come codine laced cough syrup. It seems to be helping some but it makes me sleepy so I fall asleep and then when it is time to go to bed I still fall asleep. I am at least catching up on my rest.

Friday I still did not have my Blogging capabilities and was slowly getting more and more depressed. So I decided to go to see Robin Hood. I enjoyed it. But you know me I usually enjoy movies. It was not as much "fun" as I expect a Robin Hood movie to be (remember Men in Tights?) but Russel and Cate did a great job and you know it was what they call an "origin" movie and it was all about why Robin became Robin Hood. So I was happy and I only had one slight coughing fit. I had some fisherman's cough drops with me and they helped.

Sometime Friday evening I got a phone call from my friend and Brother Kurt and he told me he had been able to get on and get Blogger to restore my accounts. I had given him my password as he is my executor and I wanted him to be able to take care of things if something ever happened to me. I was able to put up a "Found For Friday" post but I am afraid that I have lost some readers. I hope they come back.

The above is for sale at Target. I had to take a picture of it when I went there to get a few ($51. worth) things this afternoon. I could comment on it but I will let it speak for itself. There were two of them on the shelf and a little later I saw a Target employee carrying one. I wonder what it was for. Of course I could have gotten one for a wedding present or a birthday present for my cousins but I am not that mean. I AM SURE MILES WOULD LOVE TO HAVE IT AS A TOY. His toys are empty coke bottles. I got tired of spending $10 only to have him rip into it and pull all of the stuffing out. And he seems just as happy carrying around the empty coke bottle and they are only worth 10 cents each.

So that's my story and I am sticking with it. Tomorrow I meet the Hoffmann's for breakfast and I am really looking forward to that. I have had this damn cold (now bronchitis) since April 27. That is about all I want of it. Thanks for stopping by. Come back soon and great big HUGS to all my peeps. J-bird

4 comments:

Ur-spo said...

what a life you are leading.
I hope it pans out well enough.

Unknown said...

Glad to see you back. I assumed you were having the same blackout you had once before.
Welcome back
PRD

Dianne said...

welcome back!!
I'm going to look into how to back up my posts
I always back up my photos but it never dawned on me to think of the posts themselves

Hugs

John said...

There's a guy in one of my several Masonic organizations who looks a little like that peculiar bird...