Thursday, May 6, 2010

Lily of the Valley - Bob Kelly Photos

My most favorite flower growing in my back yard is a clustering of Lily of the Valley plants. They put forth tiny, delicate bell shaped flowers with fluted edges, and produce a fragrance that is incredibly wonderful. The first two photos were taken in the bed where they grew, and after I was confident I had those images, I picked all the stalks that had blooms on them. They were soon going to fade and go brown anyway, so I gathered this large bunch to give to Suzanne, and took a portrait of them as a group against the blue sky. They will last in the house for a several days, and every time I go by them, I stop an inhale a nice big fragrant lung full of air...Ahhhh! If you have some Lily of the Valley plants around where you live, get your nose down in them and you will see what I mean!
text and photos by Bob Kelly



No comments: