Sunday, May 2, 2010

Sunday

Yesterday the sky looked like this.
And today it was a little darker.
Ginny and Bruce moved back from Kansas City. Their dog is not happy with the move.
I picked up some KFC and went out for supper with them. They have a nice place but it is a big job to move.
Liza uses one of Ginny's old wheel chairs as a den. She is a beautiful little dog but was kept as a breeding dog in a kennel. She is agoraphobic and will not warm up to people. I tell Ginny that she is her "rescue" dog. The previous owner also had her de-barked. I really don't like people who do that to dogs. She is a beautiful little dog and has been abused (in my opinion something should be done to the previous owner.) and I am so glad she has Ginny.
Ginny is so very happy to be back in Ames and loves her new apartment.

Bailey has taken to eating the grass when he goes outside. He spends much of his time under the davenport (sofa) and also sleeps in the closet in my room. I think he is getting a little senile. Last night I went to get ready for bed and discovered that he had already retired to his little corner of the closet. He may just be hiding from Miles who still likes to play.
Finally some pictures from my neighbor's lilacs. They are beautiful. I just wish the previous owners of this place had planted them. The flowering trees did not last very long this spring but the other flowers make this my favorite time of year.

The Green Has Returned



Listen,
can you hear it?

The Green has returned
accompanied by daffodils -
dogtooth violets, Dutchman’s britches, and baby lambs.

The Green has returned
and brought with it
blue skies, clouds, gentle rain and thunderstorms!

The Green has returned
resurrected from Winter’s cold sleep
leaping up to celebrate life.

It slipped around the corner -- sneaking up on us -quietly whistling a little tune to say ”I’m baaack!”
Isn't it lovely?

No comments: