Saturday, May 22, 2010

Lunch with Amy and Ginny

I met my sister (Ginny) and cousin (Amy) at The Cafe for lunch today. Well actually I picked up Amy at her Grandmother's and we met Ginny at the restaurant.
This is my "artsy" picture of their wine wall. I think it came out nicely.
The restaurant uses a lot of locally grown veggies, etc. Bakes its own bread and maintains a high quality and I have never been disappointed. They do not have an enormous menu but they have enough so that there is something for everyone. I almost always get their Burger which I love. I also had a cup of asparagus soup which was excellent. I love soup.
You can see the workers in the kitchen and watch them while you wait. We only had a 10 minute wait so it wasn't too bad.
It is also a bakery with deserts and breads, etc. All of them delicious.

It also has a nice bar area where we have eaten at times. It is a very pleasant part of the restaurant.
Here is the picture of my luncheon companions.
I snapped this photo of Amy under protest. I will not tell you what she said I could do with my camera because it was not lady like and Amy is always a lady. She did tell me I could not put it on Facebook....which I wanted to do.
When I took Amy to her grandmother's I went in to say hello to her brother Michael. I took another picture of him but it turned out blurry so I didn't post it. I also got a picture of my Aunt Jo but she would do bad things to me if I posted it so I won't - see, I am learning..
In other news, I figured out what was wrong with my internets connection. I kept getting kicked off and had to go and restart the modem/airport. I finally got a message from the computer that "another device was using the modem." Since Jon wasn't here I figured that I must have someone in the neighborhood using my connection. So I went in and figured out how to lock it and it is now password protected. And since I did that I have not lost my connection once. I know I should have had it under lock all this time but I really did not think anyone was using it. Live and learn.

That is my day so far. Miles is sleeping by the garage door and Bailey is in his "cave" under the sofa. I think it may be time for a nap - I know if I start reading I will doze off. Have a great rest of the week-end everybody.

2 comments:

Dianne said...

the restaurant looks like a great place
your companions are very lovely :)

a nice way to start the weekend

I like your artsy wine wall shot

Ur-spo said...

what a great wine wall !
what a collection too. I would love to have this.
Just to run my fingers over it from time to time and count the bottles.