Friday, April 29, 2011

I watched

I am now "Royal Weddinged Out."  I woke up at 3:00 AM and turned on the TV.  Watched it.  After all I watched his parents get married 30 or 31 years ago. This was a better show. I now feel like the little girl in the foreground. And I am ready for a nap.  I actually switched around from channel to channel and I enjoyed the MSNBC coverage the best.  The others seemed to have to fill the airwaves with chatter.  ABC was especially egregious with Barbar Walters and Dianne Sawyer taking it almost to the level of gossip. One of the guest commentators had to go on about her connection to the Royal Family. So what if Prince Phillip is her godfather - I mean , who cares? I just wanted to watch the show,

 Favorite moments"

  •  When William and Harry arrived and walked to the front of the church.  They seem to be very close and Harry looks like he would be a fun person to know,   
  • Catherine's look when William whispered to her that she was beautiful.  They genuinely look as if they care for each other deeply. 
  • The Iconic moment when they paused in the archway before going out to the carriage.  My favorite moment of the day.
  • And driving the Austin Martin over to Clarence House to spend some time together before the evening party. (It was nice of Mr. Bond to loan the auto.)
  • Oh and I loved the trees in the Abby and to know that they will be planted to thrive and grow.  I love Maples anyway.
The impromptu walkabout last evening was a nice touch also.  William may not like the press very much but it is obvious that he connects with people.

Oh yes and the Queen looked lovely in yellow.  She and her husband are remarkable. 85 and 90 and still working.  I am only 69 and I couldn't keep up with them.  Nap time.

No comments: