Saturday, April 30, 2011

Quote of the Day

In response to: Cal Beisner: Tornadoes Are A Taste of God's Judgement (Which I will NOT link to but if you want to you can find it on YouTube.)  The Beisner's voice (defines smarmy for me)  just filled me with creepiness.  I felt dirty after listening to it.  I really like being reminded of the Still Small Voice.


Remember Elijah's experience in the cave, storm, fire, earthquake and all, and God was not in any of it. Instead, God was in the Still Small Voice. These apocalyptic preachers usually try to quiet that Still Small Voice in the back of their consciences with power and money, ...
Doug Blanchard

1 comment:

Ur-spo said...

I haven't heard much about linking the Tornado in the South to God's wrath or the Rapture or the End of Time or Gays in the Military etc. I suppose this sort of belief is only apt for other people, not when it happens to you?