Sunday, April 24, 2011

Spring Around Town

I took this for the magnolia on the South Side.  
 I had to meet someone at the Masonic Temple this afternoon and I took my camera along with me.  I went down to K-mart which is the only Big Box store I will currently shop at (no longer going to Target and I never went to Wally World.)

After I did my shopping I stopped at Dairy Queen for a hot dog and a mini-blizzard (just the right size) and then drove home.  I went through the old town portion of Ames and snapped some shots.  All will embiggen if you click on them.
This belongs to a former Council Person. I believe she is the one who got the Old Town Neighborhood designated as such.


A Magnificent Magnolia.  They are beautiful until we have a storm.




Another nice looking home.

This used to belong to my friend Bob.

Nice use of the corner and I like the forsythia by the house.

 If of all your worldly goods you are bereft
And two loaves of bread are all that you have left
Sell one loaf and use the dough
To buy a hyacinth to feed your soul.
 Lots of them at this place.  I was able to get some close-ups.






Another Magnolia

The Mormon Boys were wearing coat jackets.

My daffy down dillies.

Mine... I used to have more.  These are all that are left.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice spring pics Jay. Unfortunately I have not been able to out and about shooting any yet, but I am hoping by the time I can drive some of the spring flowers will still be around.

Bob Kelly

Ur-spo said...

what lovely spring flowers ! Daffodils remain my favorite.