Wednesday, April 27, 2011


Click on picture to make it easier to read.
I am off to the Eastern Star Home Board meeting this morning. It will be good to get out of town. I have not been out of town since March 24.  I have not been out of the house much either. I am really sick of not being able to go anywhere.  

Also have a York Rite meeting tonight.  I wonder if we will have enough people there to hold a meeting.  It doesn't make much sense to even have a York Rite if no one comes to the meetings or if there is no activity.  But I will maintain my membership and will go to the meetings (If I don't forget) - 

There are some people who are complaining that there is too much coverage of the Royal Wedding.  I don't think that being "Royal" is any big thing. Just because they have "royal" blood does not mean a thing. We are all descended from the same stock.  That being said I do like a good show.  And they do put on a good show.  I love the pageantry and the horses and I think the Queen is pretty amazing. Not as amazing as her mother was but they are both pretty classy and I wish the young couple well. I bought them a coffee maker.  My old one was leaking so I got a new coffee maker and I am saying it is for Kate and her husband to be.  I will set the alarm and watch - I watched his parents after all.  Took a TV to the lake as we were on vacation  

Have a good Wednesday.  Thanks for stopping by.  Hugs,  jcs

1 comment:

MadPriest said...

Of course, they are just like everyone else. Which is why I am surprised that more fuss is being made about them in the States than in the UK.

In Britain, the events that will happen tomorrow is about a lot more than two young people getting married. It will be a reaffirmation of our national identity - a moment for the people of my country to come together. It is a mystical event in which we touch base with our ancestors.

As these aspects of the wedding will not mean anything to people who are not British, it worries me that all the attention being paid to it in the US is just another example of how celebrity worship has become the new religion in the Western world.