Sunday, April 3, 2011

My world and welcome to it.

I went out today for the first time all week-end. I was out on Friday but just to go over and get some blood drawn for some labs I had to take.  Today I went to the pharmacy to get a new drug (expensive) and then to the grocery store because I was out of food and I needed to get some. I should have gone in the middle of the night because my face looks like I have been in a fight and gotten beaten. 


I kept my head down and got out as fast as I could.  I am supposed to go to three places this week and on Saturday.  Not sure I want to go anywhere.  On top of looking awful it is uncomfortable.  It is beginning to itch.  I really hate all this messing with medicine.


 Most of the week-end has been spent with the Eagle Watch from Dechora on the computer. The picture on the left is of Cassie on my lap watching the Eagles on my computer.  See they have this camera in the tree and it is aimed at the nest.  One of the eggs hatched overnight between Friday night and Saturday morning and then the second one hatched early this morning.  The third one has yet to hatch so I have that to look forward to,  In the meantime it is marvelous to watch the mother and father eagle sit on the eggs and the babies (I call them bobble heads) and then so very tenderly tear off small pieces of  meat to feed them. You can almost see them grow.  It is a beautiful thing to watch.  And it is so much better that the news from around the world.


I didn't even turn the TV on last night. I am so very tired of what is on TV - even my soap opera (General Hospital) is in danger of my turning it off,  it has gotten so dark and there is no humor in it and just Drama, drama DrAma. I am so sick of Brenda and Sonny and Super Villans who always get away with murder.  They just killed off a little kid and really I don't need any more "down: in my life right now.  I have been waking up early and not able to get back to sleep so I take naps during the day.  Thank heaven for Netflix. I have some pure escapism movies on my list.  Watched Kevin Bacon in Footloose today and kind of enjoyed it. 



I was going to go to a movie this week-end but when I look in the mirror.... - well you decide. (Click on pics to embiggen)


That plus the general malaise I feel about most things right now does not make me a happy camper.


I did finish two books and decided not to read another one so I am looking for something to read - in the meantime I am back working on American History Revisited.  I read the following by Harry Truman -


"I wonder how far Moses would have gone if he'd taken a poll in Egypt?  What would Jesus Christ have preached if he'd taken a poll in Israel? ... It isn't polls or public opinion of the moment that counts.  It is right and wrong."  
(Actually he said -   “I WONDER HOW FAR MOSES WOULD HAVE GONE IF HE'D TAKEN A POLL IN EGYPT?  WHAT WOULD JESUS CHRIST HAVE PREACHED IF HE'D TAKEN A POLL IN ISRAEL?  WHERE WOULD THE REFORMATION HAVE GONE IF MARTIN LUTHER HAD TAKEN A POLL?  IT ISN'T THE POLLS OR PUBLIC OPINION OF THE MOMENT THAT COUNTS. IT IS RIGHT AND WRONG AND LEADERSHIP, MEN WITH FORTITUDE, HONESTY, AND A BELIEF IN THE RIGHT, THAT MAKES EPOCHS IN THE HISTORY OF THE WORLD.


Google is wonderful.  I like the full quote better because it sound more like Truman and is more meaningful to me.


Not sure if there will be a Miles on Monday Post in the morning.  I have not taken any pictures of him and right now he is doing what he has done for most of the week-end.  Sitting at my feet and sleeping.  Thanks for stopping by.  Cherish your friends,  Hugs,  j

1 comment:

Knight said...

I was expecting black eyes the way you described it. That doesn't look that bad. Just toss on a ball cap and nobody will think twice.