Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Flying 100 mph, a few feet above a corn crop! - Photos by Bob Kelly

Sunday I just happened to see this plane on the horizon doing acrobatics in the air, so I went over that way until I could see it was a crop spraying plane, and then I decided to get in the right position for some photos.  I was zipping around on gravel roads a mile up, and over, and then later and over there...over here, as he kept moving around.   The images pretty much speak for themselves, so there will not be a narrative with each of them.  They show the plane approaching, spraying, from the front and the back.  The first shot looks a bit more dangerous that it was, as the pilot was not flying between those two wires.  They were in the distance, but spaced just right, and me catching him there was one frame in a rapid burst, and just happened to be a lucky accident!  It was indeed fun to watch, and I am glad I can share them here with you.  Enjoy!









No comments: