Tuesday, July 12, 2011

This 'n That



"As the year 1326 draws to a close, London is in flames. King Edward II is a prisoner, and the forces of his vengeful queen, Isabella, and her lover Sir Roger Mortimer, are in the ascendant. The Bardi family, bankers who have funded the King, must look to their future with the Queen, steering a careful course between rival factions - if, that is, they can keep themselves alive."

King's Gold is a well written book which is set during the time of upheaval in England.  People are killed and gold belonging to the imprisoned king are at the heart of this tale which has kept me engaged in the latest book in the series. (There are 30.)  An enjoyable, if somewhat heavy (the book weighs about 3 pounds) read.  

I took the Galaxy Tab back to the store this afternoon. I could not get all of my calendars to show up on it.  The only one I could get on there was my main calendar.  But I need to be able to access the Arcadia Calendar and the Iowa Masonic Calendar if it is going to be any use to me.  Also except for the size of the screen I can do more on my new phone and I just could not afford the extra expense for something that did not give me full service.  The folks at the Sprint store (except for one person) were all super helpful.  The other one was rather dismissive and made me feel like I did not matter.  I do not know why Sprint hires people like that.  I had to deal with one like it before but no more.  

Television is getting good again. The Closer started its (last) season tonight and Rizzoli and Iles is also back.  The SyFy (what a stupid name) channel brought back Eureka, Warehouse 13 and a new series "Alphas" plus there is a new UCLA Los Angeles on.

I am still fighting the shoulder pain but I am beginning to feel more human.  Things seem to be returning to (somewhat) normal.  Not coughing, sleeping better and gaining some stamina.  It seems to be a slow process but coming.

This was over on Bark Bark Woof Woof and I liked it so I stole it.  


Sort of like today's Republicans.  I really am sick of the obstructionist policies.  I am upset with the Democrats but will never vote Republican - they continue to show that they do not care for the average citizen.  As long as they grease the fat cats they think they can do anything they want to tear Mr. Obama down.  I know that it is getting harder and harder to get by with prices going up. I am staying home a lot more than I used to.   Thanks for stopping by.  Hugs,  



No comments: