Monday, July 25, 2011

Miles on Monday/Bailey's Adventure

Sunday afternoon I took the boys out back to try for a little movie. Miles was investigating the Prairie flowers and when he saw me he came right up to sit beside me. I will miss him come Aug. 1 when he goes to live with Jon. Jon did tell me that he will probably bring him over to spend the night on Friday so I will look forward to that. Bailey was out there to finish his "business" which he had started in the living room. Anyway enjoy the movie. It is a little jerky at the end.



Poor Bailey,  He had quite an adventure.  On Saturday I came home from running errands and let the boys out.  The backyard is fenced in and I don't really worry about them when I am out there.  However, when they bark I bring them in.  I don't like to disturb the neighbors.. So I went in to get changed into my lounging outfit and believe me no one sees me in that.  I heard Bailey barking and went to bring them in and Miles came right in.  Bailey was nowhere to be seen.  So I went out to the back porch to look around to see if I could spot him.


I couldn't but I heard him whining.  So I went outside and found that he had fallen into the window well.  How he got there I am not sure but he can't see very well and kind of bumps his way around things.  Well, I had to get my walking stick so that I would not fall and go out and rescue him and believe me it was not easy. There are saplings growing up and the young man who is going to clear them out hasn't made it that far yet.  It is too hot for that kind of labor.


To make a long story short I was able to rescue him and that would have made a best selling movie on YouTube.. I am glad no one was around to see it.

2 comments:

Dianne said...

the boys are so wonderful
I love how Miles takes time to smell the flowers ;)

so sorry about Bailey's fall
I know what it's like to get into predicaments I can't get out of
and I also know what it's like to have to perform an exhausting rescue - Isadora got stuck in the frame of the sofa!!

I too have a no one can see me in it lounging outfit :)

James said...

That sucks for Bailey. Poor little guy. Not to make light of it, though, but the rescue story could be your ticket to a lucrative movie and book deal. Just sayin ;)