Sunday, July 17, 2011

Quote of the Day

Sometimes i feel alone. Some days are long and tough. But when i look out into the world, I am struck by the impossible beauty of it all. Those billions of magnificent accidents that led us to where we are today,that led us to paper planes and nautilus shells the tiny, crooked smiles of children. When i think about all the small perfections of the world, I have faith that my time will come. I have faith that some day a warm light will flood over me and I will find peace.
-Chaseism Motto



The above is a Motto on the Facebook page of the son of one of my former students.  When I read it I was struck with the depth of thought that I found in it. This young man is still in school but he shows an appreciation for our world and its intricacies that many of our politicians and so called leaders don't even begin to have. And oh yeah, he is a normal kid who loves football and girls and his mother.  Now he tells me that he didn't write it but found it in a little kid's book.  I guess that I have to give him credit for honesty and for appreciating something that someone else wrote. Thanks Chase for sharing,  Now go back and cite your source....


You know, I really love Facebook. It has reconnected me with former students and friends and keeps me in touch with happenings in my friends and families lives. Sometimes I hear things on there sooner than I do in person. It is a real bright spot in my life and I especially love looking at all the pictures.

1 comment:

Ur-spo said...

I appreciate Facebook too, forgetting me in touch with past friends and family. thanks to it, I now hear from lost lost folks.