Saturday, July 2, 2011

Happy Birthday Ginny -


 59 years ago I said something to my mother about her getting fat.  She decided it was time to tell me that at 10 years of age I was going to have a sister. On July 1, 1952 I was staying with my grandparents in Ames and the call came that my mother had given birth to a little sister for me.  It changed my life and sometimes I am in awe of her.


Several years ago Ginny took up flying lessons.  But she was in her little pick up truck and she was thrown from the car and broke her back.  She wound up in a wheel chair and has had to overcome many things but you know she has a great outlook on things.  She went back to school and got her degree and is volunteering at the Reimann Gardens and the Red Rock animal center in Des Moines.  She would like to have a job but in this economy that is a hard thing to get.  So she gets by on what her disability allows. I have a great admiration for her.  Friday night the cousins celebrated her birthday at Red Lobster.  Not all of them just the ones in Ames.  Aunt Jo could not come but we all thought of her. Below are some pictures of the event.
 Vicki, Dan, Rick on the North - Em standing
 Scott and Tracey
 Cathy


 I had the Shrimp and chicken.


Cathy's dinner



 Loren's dinner
 And you know me.. Pictures of the sky on the way home.  It was a wonderful night. I think everyone had a good time.








Thanks for stopping by. Hugs.

No comments: