Thursday, July 14, 2011

Murder on Lexington Avenue

I started this yesterday.  Really got into it.  Woke up in the middle of the night and could not sleep so I read some more and finished it before I went back to sleep.  As a result today I had to catch up on napping.

Murder on Lexington Avenue begins with the discovery of a body (what else) It belongs to a rather disagreeable man who has a deaf daughter who is in love with her somewhat older (handsome of course) teacher. (The detective has a deaf son and the struggles of deaf people are intertwined throughout the story.)

As the story progresses there is the birth of a baby who no  one knew was on the way (except for the mother to be), another murder, and of course the solution to the murders.

It was a good read and I am glad to recommend it to those of you who like murder mysteries.  My aunt Fran and my mother both would have enjoyed it.  Oh and the nice thing was I got it for $5 in the bargain bin at Borders.

No comments: