Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Lady Molly checking out the back porch.  She is not sure about it.  Alan was here to mow and she hung back.  I had a Doctor's appointment today and left her at home.  She was not happy with that.  I had given her two treats and she ignored them.  She may have just stood there waiting until I got back.  She didn't eat them until I returned.  Oh, and when I returned she exhibited more excitement than I had ever seen.  She jumped up on me, wagged her tail and just went nuts.  It was kind of fun but I hope she will not have a problem with my leaving.  I have to go places and do things and she needs to be able to stay alone.  

 I sat on the back porch tonight for cocktail time (I was able to get a bottle of Scotch liquor) and experimented with my phone camera. It had downloaded some new software and now has the ability to take a panorama.  Miss Cassie checking out the back yard is the result.  I am very pleased. You can click on it to make it larger.

And now to an Embarrassing Story.
 Saturday night I was very tired and fell asleep while computing. I don't usually wear my glasses when I am computing.  I either lay them off to the side or I put them up on my forehead. When I woke up I could not find them.  I looked on the right had side, on the left hand side.  I put my hands down between the cushions.  I tipped up the chair and looked underneath it.  NO GLASSES - anywhere. I was very worried.   I began to be worried that Molly had eaten them or that Cassie had stolen them.  I dreamed that they had fallen in the drain of the sink but that had not happened...I figured that the only thing to do would be to get up early on Monday morning and go to the eye clinic on my way to my doctors appointment and order a new pair. I would be breaking the law because I am restricted to driving with glasses.  I went to look for my old glasses and they were bent and ruined.  (that is why I replaced them)

Not that I really need them.  Last month I forgot to put them on when I went to get my hairs cut (all of them) and got along just fine.  But that was an aberration I really don't want to do it on purpose.  Needless to say I was mystified.  I had no idea where they could have gone.

Now I have to explain that I have to wear a boot when I don't have my brace on.  It looks like this.  I had an ankle fusion operation several years ago and I either wear the brace or the boot.  As I just sat around in lounge pants and t-shirt on Sunday (and worried about my glasses.)

Unbeknown to me the glasses had fallen off my head and slipped into the boot.  It slipped down and was there all night Saturday, all day Sunday and then Monday, when I took the boot off to take my shower, I heard a noise and looked and there were the glasses.  They had been in the boot the entire time.

I had felt them there but really just thought that the boot wasn't adjusted correctly and really I was so distracted that I couldn't find the glasses that I just didn't notice why the boot was so uncomfortable.

So I have to apologize to Lady Molly for even thinking that she might have eaten the glasses or that Cassie would have stolen them. So now I have been to the grocery store, the drug store and oh yes, the Doctor.  He was pleased with my progress. Things are stabilized and I don't have to go back for three months.  Things are copasetic.  Thanks for stopping by. Always remember that you are loved.  Hugs,  j

1 comment:

Dianne said...

she really is such a pretty girl :)

the fact that she greeted you home with so much enthusiasm is a very good sign that she's adjusting to be left alone, usually they sulk and ignore
she was probably too anxious to eat the treats but I would continue to leave them and see what happens

I love Cassie's little head in the panoramic shot

LOVE the glasses story, sounds like something I'd do