Thursday, April 12, 2012

Road Trip

 I decided to drive back from Story City on the gravel road on Monday and took a few drive by shootings on the way home.  A couple of barns.  Barns in Iowa are always fun to photograph.
 Some of the trees are slower to leaf out so they form an interesting contrast in front of their speedier cousins.


 A nice view of the Skunk River near Soper's Mill taken through the Bridge.
 A lilac growing wild along the side of the road.
 And finally a beautiful red bud growing in front of a farm. 
We got some cold weather over the past several nights and I am afraid that we will lose the fruits that the flowers presage.  I know that people who did early planting are worried.  My lilac bush is certainly drooping after the cold.
I love this drive and it was fun to have Molly along with me.  She liked sitting up and seeing new places.  We stopped and got her some dog food at Brekke's.  I got her some Taste of the Wild which is what the Hearts United recommended.  It is Bison based and she snarfs it up.  I put the Frontline on her today (Wednesday) and put her heart worm and Front line dates on the calendar so I won't forget when they are due,

She is more and more comfortable and is establishing a routine.  She loves it when Jon comes over and likes to play with him.  She has discovered the cat (Miss Cassie) and is beginning to play with her.  Cassie is a strange cat. She likes men and dogs.. She also loves to chase flying bugs that come in the house.  Molly has decided that the couch is her bed so I put her blanket (one of them) up there and she climbs up and sleeps there until she decides she wants some loving.  Then she comes over and talks to me and gets she has wound her way into my heart.  I will always miss Bailey...lots and lots but Molly makes it easier.  The week-end commeth.  prepare for it.  Hugs, j

1 comment:

Dianne said...

I really like the first barn!
and all the pretty scenery

I went back to catch up on Molly
I love her
and I love you
It is so wonderful to share your home and heart with her even though you miss Bailey
You will be so good for one another
and for Cassie too

I love the name Molly
it's an old broad's name :)