Thursday, April 26, 2012

Miss Molly's Adventures

 For the record. Molly does not drink out of the toilet.


Tuesday night at 12:30 AM I went to the door and was going to let Miss Molly in.  No Molly!  She was not in the back yard.  Time to panic. I went out to check the gate to see if she had gotten out that way.  There was a meter reader in the back yard and I always worry that the gate did not get closed properly.

I walked out in front and called her and no Molly.  I got on the phone and called the non-emergency police number (which I have programmed into my phone),  I told them that my dog was missing. I also called my nephew but he did not hear the phone so I left him two panicky voice-mail messages and got my shoes on so I could drive.  I put the bright lights on and started driving around the neighborhood calling MOLLY, MOLLY - I did not care if it was late.. As I drove by where I could see my house I noticed lights of a car in front of the house.  I had already seen a police car in the neighborhood.

A very nice policeman was out of the car and was up by the house.  Molly was back by the fence and I tried to call her to come to the car.  He saw her jump the fence and get back in the yard.  I thanked him (I think) and drove into the garage and let her in the back door.



She sat there panting and stretched out on the floor with her tongue hanging out.

We had a discussion.

 She did not seem to understand why I was perturbed.   But she did come back and she was glad to see me.

So I guess I will just have to be very careful when I let her out.  Brandon (My construction guy) came over and looked at the fence and said that she was also digging.  He has dogs and he recommends an invisible fence since she is a digger and a jumper.  He says they will soon learn that they need to stay away from the little white flags and while some may think it is inhumane it is more humane than having her hit by a car.

Wednesday I had a Home Board meeting in Boone. I decided to try something different.  Molly does not like it when I put her in the kitchen all locked up.  She does not have accidents in the house and she never chews things up (unlike Miles who is not quite over his puppyness).  So I walked out - giving her two treats - and left her loose in the house. I was just a little worried but it turns out I need not have been.  When I got back there was no Molly to greet me. So I said "Molly" and she came running out of my bedroom.  She had gone back there to wait for me.  I think the room is cooler.  She had eaten her treats which she had never done when I left her in the kitchen.  So I guess I know what to do with her when I go to meetings.  She was happy to see me and when I let her out she took care of business.  (It had been about 12 hours because she did not go when I let her out in the morning)

Life with Miss Molly continues to be interesting.  Thanks for stopping by. Hugs

No comments: