Monday, April 9, 2012

Molly on Monday

 Molly here, it was quite a day on Easter.  I woke up early and climbed up on the Big Guy for a nap.  Let him know I could be a lap dog.

We had a lazy day.  Watched TV, got some snacks took naps on a new blanket he gave me.  It is soft.

I had a good supper (even got to lick BG's plate) and was just settling in for a relaxing evening when all of a sudden this guy came.  I had no idea who he was so I barked at him.  It was the first time I had barked since we left the shelter.  BG was really surprised and tickled.  I was frightened so I hid under his chair.

 Turns out he was BG's nephew (I guess that makes him my cousin.  I held back and hid from him  Ran behind BG's chair.  He went in the kitchen and got some treats and I was tempted.. Slowly I began to trust him and it turned out he was fun. He plays a little rougher than the BG which was all right with me.  He got me to chase the cat who was high on catnip and I had fun chasing the ball.




We went out in the back yard and there was an old soccer ball there but I wasn't much interested in that.  Lots of interesting plants growing up all around


It was just kind of a whirlwind time.  I showed him my back yard but he seemed to know all about it.  Acted like the prairie in the back yard belonged to him.

The next thing I knew he snapped on my leash and we were out the front door.  He took me to the RIVER.  Gosh it was fun to play in the water and roll around in the sand.  There was a lot of "stuff" to smell and I sniffed my way there and back again.  When we got back to the house I heard him tell BG that I was not really a very good dog and he (BG) should let him (Cousin Jon) take her (Me) off his hands. BG told him there was no way that was going to happen.



 He did get me all dirty on the trip to the RIVER....(Makes me shiver just thinking about it.)




So I had to go into the bathroom and have a shower.
You can see how dirty he got me.  Letting me roll around in the mud and sand and play in the water.  Wore me out for sure.
It was great to meet my cousin and rough house with him and to bark at him. Even if he did smell funny (sort of like a Collie) I had a lot of fun with him.


After Cousin Jon left I jumped up on the couch he had been sitting on. It was comfy.  Found out I liked it and BG didn't make me get down. (I have him wrapped around my little toe.)

I am sleepy so I think I will take time to sleep right here.  It will be fun to see how long I can get away with it.

I feel a lot better about being here and am not nearly as sad as I was before.. Thanks for stopping by - Woof!

No comments: