Wednesday, May 9, 2012

The Avengers

Tuesday night (actually late afternoon) I went to see
I had avoided going because I figured the crowds would be large this week-end and I would not get my favorite seat.. (enter the left side of the theater sit on the left aisle seat at the very back)  I used to sit down front but that was before I got my glasses.  

Speaking of glasses this movie is in 3 - D so I had to wear glasses to watch it. I don't like doing this because since I already wear glasses this means that I am wearing two pairs of glasses and it is not really comfortable.  But the 4:00 movie was in 3-D so that was the one I went to.  I don't really see the reason for 3-D but there you have it.  Perhaps if I sat closer. 

There are really too many characters to suit me in this film. I was not a fan of the Marvel Comics when I was growing up.. choosing the Superman, Batman, Tarzan, Scrooge McDuck ones over these.  Oh I probably occasionally read them but I did not become a fan until the Iron Man Movie.  I really like Robert Downy, Jr.  If he is in a movie I will go see it.
But the three in the picture above?  I was completely unfamiliar with them.  I did enjoy the movie and it was well cast and the actors really all did great jobs. I tell you any movie that can lift me out of this decrepit 70 year old body with all its aches and pains (I won't delineate them) and make me think I am young again is worth the price of admission ($7.50).

The action and the graphics were realistic and exciting to watch. There were some good one liners throughout to break the movie and keep the mood lighter. When Thor said "He's adopted!" about his brother Loki it cracked me up.

Wikipedia has a good article (synopsis) on the film and they go through every character and actor ( Robert Downey, Jr.Chris EvansMark RuffaloChris HemsworthScarlett JohanssonJeremy RennerTom HiddlestonClark GreggCobie SmuldersStellan Skarsgård and Samuel L. Jackson) so you can click here to go read it.

There are two post credit scenes - One of them sets the stage for the next film and the other is depicted below in the poster.  You can read the explanation for them here.

So I do recommend the film. I think you will enjoy it.  However with the $200 Million opening week-end most of you have probably already seen it. Thanks for stopping by. Hugs,  j

No comments: