Tuesday, May 8, 2012




Currently this is my favorite commercial on TV.  The idea of adopting a Rescue Panther for home security and then seeing the panther lick its lips just cracks me up every time.


There are two commercials (really a lot more) which just drive me to drink.  The all time worst commercial on TV is the 

Verizon Commercial with the two girls crying.


I won't show you the commercial because I truly hate it. The minute it comes on (and it comes on several times an evening) my hand goes for the mute button.  I googled it and found a place where someone said they had cancelled their subscription because of it.

I used to hate the Progressive commercials but Flo has kind of grown on me so I leave them up.  Not that I plan to change my insurance. I got it through my teachers association when I still taught and they have saved me hundreds of dollars since I got it.

The other commercials that I turn off immediately are the one with the actress being told "break a leg" and the two women discussing coupons and finally the one in which the woman says she quit smoking by using such and such a medicine and then goes on for what seems like 10 minutes about how and why she quit. Oh yes and all of the warnings about drugs and the side effects that can happen if you take this medicine or any medicine drive me up the wall.  I do not understand why anyone would take any of them.

Commercials are the price we pay for television. Sometimes the price is just too high and I really appreciate the DVR which allows me to skip the damn things.

2 comments:

Ur-spo said...

and I don't watch TV at all.

Anonymous said...

When the DVR first came out, I was so excited that I would be able to fast-forward through the commercials. Sometimes the downside is that you have to rewind back a little to get to the beginning of the next scene. So, when I found out from a co-worker at Dish about Auto Hop I was so excited. On most of the PrimeTime Anytime shows, I can enable the Auto Hop the next day after the show airs and it completely skips over the commercials and starts at the beginning of the next scene. I love this feature because I don’t have to play around with the remote to get it to the right part.