Thursday, May 31, 2012

I have arrived

 It was a much shorter trip today. Beautiful country without as much switchback curvy and NO TUNNELS,  I had thought of going to the Biltmore Estate but I am cheap and the $60 price tag to wander around on my own and the fact that I am tired and very achey with all the driving I came on into Charlotte.  I have a very nice suite with two rooms and a handicap accessible shower.  The cord on the shower is a little short but it will have to do.  In the meantime I am here.
 It wasn't interstate all the way. I drove through a lot of this but it didn't bother me.
 This is the center court of the hotel.  The folks are very nice and even though I had to move from one room to another I got help and the man who helped was very nice.  When we discovered that it did not have a handicapped accessible shower he went down and found me a new room.  It is closer to the elevator also.
 I am going to watch TV and wait for my phone to recharge. (hopefully)  it crapped out on me on the way into town. Fortunately I had good maps from AAA and they got me here fine.
 There is a managers reception and dinner tonight, informal and the meetings start tomorrow.

No comments: