Saturday, May 19, 2012

Road Trip

 I had a nice trip to Iowa City today.  This is Dan, WM of Iowa City Lodge # 4
Next is Kevin and last is Jason.  The first two pictures are taken in the Iowa City Lodge Library.  A beautiful room.  Jason is at Brook Stone where we had lunch.  Click on any picture to embiggen.


After a terrific meeting and good time with Dan, Kevin and Jason I drove home and stopped at the Cedar Ridge Winery.  I got some Apple Brandy and a bottle of wine.  I already have 2 bottles of Iowa Bourbon (Distilled here)  at home.
 It is a really nice place and there were a lot of people enjoying their lunch on this beautiful Iowa day.




 Nice shopping area and I enjoyed seeing the grape vines that surround the winery.


Oh yea, and some other good things about today

  • the greeting I got from Molly when I got home.  
  • I got a new book in the mail
  • I'll have Another won the Preakness.  For the first time in 34 years we have a chance at a Triple Crown Winner.
Thanks for stopping by.  Hugs.

3 comments:

Ur-spo said...

I am fascinated by local wines; are the ones from Iowa any good ?

jaycoles@gmail.com said...

I can't really say. The ones I have gotten taste funny to me. I prefer 14 hands from Washington State.

jaycoles@gmail.com said...

But the Burbon from Cedar Ridge is excellent.