Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Bricks of the Day

My cousin Tom just graduated from High School at South East Polk.  His mother writes :  
Want to see something cool - go to Des Moines Register.com  under high school graduations - SE Polk - for yesterday and see Tom helping his classmate achieve his dream of walking with this class to get his diploma - it is our friend who is wheelchair bound.  Tom and his other friend Matt xxx walked with Matthew so he could walk with his class - it was AMAZING to see him do what he did, the boys standing by him and the entire Knapp Center on their feet cheering him.  If that doesn't define character I don't know what does.


You can see the picture by clicking here.  Tom is the one on the left. Matthew is in picture #1 and then click through to 30, 31 and 32 to see him walking.  In picture #32 you can see that the entire audience is on their feet. It choked me up just looking at the pictures.  I urge you also to scroll down and read the story under the pictures.  Proud of all of you  -  Bricks who will help build our nation. 


Seriously I would have stolen the picture but you need to see them in context in the paper.   

4 comments:

MadPriest said...

The thing I am most proud of as a blogger is that I've managed to introduce the words "bog standard" and "brick" (as in good, reliable person) into the American language. In a small way it makes up for the American words we have added to our form of English.

jaycoles@gmail.com said...

For which I totally thank you. I love "Brick of the Day"

MadPriest said...

I've picked up some great American (non-hip hop) slang that confuses the heck out my friends over here. :-)

jaycoles@gmail.com said...

Something abut "united by a common language" -of course English is anything but "Common."