Thursday, May 3, 2012

Porch time and comment on a quote.

Have I told you that I love my back porch?
Molly likes to sit in the old recliner
Cassie likes the chaise longue.

 Molly likes to spend time on the porch resting, listening to birds, (We have a pair of wrens and there are cardinals in the area also.) and of course, watching me.  I just sit and read and enjoy the lovely warmer weather.  Since I can't sit in the recliner (to low) I gave it to her.  She lets me pet her while I read.


Sometimes I read something that makes me think.  I read the following quote and decided to post it and comment on it.

“Name the teenager who committed suicide because of a profound shame at being, deep down, a Christian. Go ahead.."

The bullying that goes on, the constant barrage of words telling these kids that they are not worthy to live and that they will burn in Hell is the fruit of the poisoned tree. And it is not something that Jesus would have approved. And the people who do it are not Christians...they are the abomination.



Perhaps I came on a bit strong but I do not understand how someone can claim the title of Christian (named after the great teacher who taught that God is Love) and spew forth such hatred.

No comments: