Saturday, November 3, 2012

An old church, also a sentinel of time! - Photos by Bob Kelly

Readers of my posts and photos know that I am intrigued by old aging barns and windmills, which I refer to as "Sentinels of Time," in that they sit there as years and decades go by, and while some are demolished or fall over, some hang on, and some also continue to age more and more.  

Not very often have I found churches that fit into this category but I have seen a few.  This one in Grundy Center, Iowa  certainly had some years of grandeur, but now while its skeleton seems strong, its facade is peeling, becoming overgrown with vines, and to its former members, it must be a disappointing site.  Despite all of that there are beautiful statements of color, texture, shape, and form, some of which I have tried to capture in the photos which follow.








No comments: