Thursday, November 8, 2012

Nostalgia

 I have been scanning old pictures again.  It is a lot of fun to look through the pictures and see family from a long time ago.

Some of the pictures I have no idea who they are.  This one is of my cousin Bud and my aunt Jo.  Bud grew up to serve in WWII and then worked his way up to be the Ames Postmaster before he retired to Minnesota.  He had two sons Mike and Randy.  More about him later.
Wednesday was my aunt's 90th birthday.  She refused a party. I understand how she feels.  My birthday is this month and I have hidden my birthday on Facebook so no one will know when it is.  I stopped celebrating them last year.

George Underwood and friends. I think this is an amazing picture.

 My grandparents,  Sadie (Underwood) and "Dig" or "Doc" Cole.  Granddad did not like his first name so he went by Dig. His name was Clarence Gordon Cole. I think it has a nice ring to it.  He was a veterinarian and they had six daughters. The picture just below is one of my favorite pictures of them  Granddad and "Ma" as we called her loved to laugh and my grandmother was as close to a saint to a saint as I will ever meet.
 They had six daughters they are Back Row L. to R.  Francis, Jean, Ellen
Front Row L. to R.  Ethlyn "Sis", Joann, and my mother Ruth.

One of my Grandmother's Brothers was Jean Underwood.  He had a son I never knew.  My aunt Jo identified this picture of him. His name was John and he died at a young age.  Wish I had known him.  He has a nice smile and is what I would call dapper.

Finally I found this picture of my aunt "Sis", her husband Max and their son "Bud" - Actually both men were named Fred but went by their nicknames. They were around a lot.  Bud was the oldest grandchild and I was the second oldest but he was enough older than I that I did not play with him.  As I said he fought in WWII and next week I will share some pictures I found of their family.

No comments: