Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Pet Memories

 Ginny gave me some pictures that she found of some of our former pets.  First this is Mandy and my friend John B who I taught with at Linn-Mar schools. Mandy was one of a litter of puppies that I found out about and rescued along with their mother.  Ginny wanted to keep her so we did. She was the best dog we ever had....well except for Molly.
 Some friends came down to look at Shelties from a breeder south of town. I went with them and Kelsey the dog on the left was there and he stared at me.  I went home and told the family that I really wanted to get him. I was worried about how he would get along with Mandy but they said go ahead and we called the breeder and they were willing to let him go.  They were using him for stud. I brought him home and he was a great dog. Best dog ever, except for Molly (and Mandy)   We took our dogs on vacation to Leech Lake with us.


This was on the front porch of the cabin we stayed in at the lake.  Mom slept on the porch because she liked to wake up at night and look out at the lake.  I had one of the bed rooms and Ginny the other, which she decorated as soon as we got there.
Look carefully to see Kelsey

 And then there is Bailey.  Who was the best dog ever. (Except for Molly)  He was so tiny he used to sleep on my shoulder.

God I still miss him. My eyes just teared up.

 And then there were the cats.  This is Shadow. I got him at John B's farm one time.  He was a neat cat.  Loved to roam.  We lived next to a field and a railroad track and Shadow loved to go out and hunt. One night he came back with his lower jaw hanging down and bloody.  We never knew what it was but the vet said it could have been a raccoon.  It had to be wired but he (and we) got through it.  And that is why my cats all became inside cats.
 Then there is this one.  She was born with bad legs and had to wear braces when she was little.  She would be sweet at times and then all of a sudden would strike and scratch and bite.  I really hated that but I felt sorry for the cat. She used to get mats in her hair. I think she was taken away from her mother too soon and didn't know how to groom herself.


Another of Mandy and Bailey.  The tree looks nice.  (It wasn't mine this was taken at Ginny's on Christmas morning.)  Perhaps I shall try to have a tree again this year.  I have not had one up for several years.
 And Last but not least another Mollie but this one wasn't ours. It belonged to my Aunt Jo (whose 90th birthday is today).  We used to take care of her once in awhile and I loved her.  She was a sweet dog. When Jon was little and before he could write she passed away and he wrote a song for her. It was in pictographs and was one of the sweetest things I remember about him.
Have a happy Wednesday.  I hope the election came out the way I wanted...It looks like it might be. I am still worried about one race.

1 comment:

Dianne said...

you have been blessed with some wonderful dogs and cats
and now Molly

hugs from me and Hope