Wednesday, November 14, 2012

This N' That

Julianna Margulies and her husband Keith Lieberthal
at the Metropolitan Opera opening in 2008.
© Rubenstein, photographer Martyna Borkowski From Wikipedia
I was watching Dave Letterman Tuesday night and Julianna Margulies was on.  She mentioned that she had taken her husband to Berlin for his birthday.  She had not told him where they were going and it was a complete surprise.  They went to see Max Raabe.  I had never heard of him so I got out the trusty Google and found some YouTube videos.  Miss Margulies mentioned her husband's eclectic musical tastes. (How often do you hear a celebrity use the word eclectic?  If you look around this page you can find it on here also.) You know I really like this music so I am giving him a shout out on my blog.  I tried to order it from iTunes but iTunes would not work so I will check with Amazon. In the meantime enjoy some music.



I decided that I needed to cook something today so I purchased some ingredients and browned the stew meat and onions and threw the seasonings and veggies and broth and water into the crock pot and turned it on and let it cook all day Monday and overnight and then today I tried the new bake it yourself bread which came out very nicely and so I had fresh bread and Beef Stew for supper. I posted a picture to Facebook and got 20 people to like it.  Some people were surprised that I could cook.  I used to cook a lot when my mother was alive. She did not like to cook (but she could make candy like no one else) - after working all day it was hard to come home and spend a lot of time preparing dinner.  Somehow she knew that I needed some skills that other guys did not have so she taught me to sew on buttons (and stitch up pants), do laundry and encouraged my cooking. I can also clean but that has gotten a lot harder since I fell and messed up my shoulder.

I tried to change some light bulbs the other night and could not raise my arm high enough to change them.  It is hell getting older.  Speaking of getting old.  I told The Grand High Priest when he called me to wish me a Happy Birthday that I did not celebrate them any longer as it had gotten to hard to remember how old I was.  

Weirdest thought of the day -
Over on Facebook someone was talking about what could be done with cremains. He said that someone was going to turn the ashes into ammunition and use it for shooting. So I got to thinking about the Mt. St. Helens emerald earrings I got my mother when I was in Seattle.  They were made from the ashes from the volcano eruption. I suggested that they could take my ashes and make gemstones of them and then make necklaces and have some starlet from Hollywood wear them to the Oscars.  Then when they are asked on the Red Carpet Interviewer "Who are you wearing?"  they can say Jay Simser.  
I told you it was weird.  

It is possibly because my days and nights seem to be mixed up.  I slept until 10:00 AM yesterday and then took a nap around 7 PM and am still up writing this at 2:14 AM.  Must go to sleep.  Have a good Wednesday!

2 comments:

Harpers Keeper said...

Thanks for making me aware of Max Raabe. I'd never heard of him before either but liked those two cids very much.

And I have a wonderful Christmas ornament made of Mt St Helen's ash. I am not sure I would like end up on the tree however.

Ur-spo said...

no happy birthday ? What not?