Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Wednesday's This 'N That

I went to see the foot doctor today (Tuesday).  Last Friday when I was getting dressed to go to an appointment I caught my toe nail on the sock and half the toenail ripped off. As a diabetic I worry about my feet. People with diabetes often lose their feet and legs to the disease.  I usually ignore things like that knowing that my body will usually take care of the things that are wrong with me.  However.  Since I only have one good foot I do worry.  I was able to get an appointment with the only person I will let deal with my feet.  Mark V. Sorrentino.

I was able to get an appointment for Tuesday and so today I had the bus pick me up and take me out to see Dr. Mark.  He trimmed the toenail and then took care of the rest of them.  I now have an appointment in three months to do it again. It will be a good thing as I have a lot of trouble trimming my own nails and often draw blood.

The picture is of the new "boot" which I convinced him I needed.  It goes on the left foot.  That is the one I had the ankle fusion operation on which was necessary due to a Charcot condition in my ankle. This was about 6 or 7 years ago.  When I go out I wear a brace and lifter shoe but around the house I have to wear "das boot" - I tried to walk once without the boot on and there is enough difference in height that I was unstable on my feet. I won't try that again. If I fell it would take a crane to get me up.

And I have these knees that don't work right so I have a great deal of difficulty getting up and down from chairs (especially chairs with no arms that are low) and so I have to be careful of where I sit. I need to push myself up because there is no strength in my legs and knees to get up and down.  I blame it on a medicine I took which caused me to have muscle problems. But what do I know.

Anyway the toe is all right and he took care of my feet. Now if I could figure out what to do about the knees and getting up and down. That is one of the reasons I am not fond of going to Lodge or to other places. There are some movie theaters that I can't go to because I cant get up out of their chairs.  Took me 5 minutes. It was interesting at Lodge last Friday the Junior Warden paused while I got up before he  invited the brothers to say the pledge. It was very considerate of him.

  However I am able to get around and I still can walk and will be able to drive when I get my license back and things could be a heck of a lot worse.  When I think of my sister in her wheelchair and what she goes through I don't really have a lot to complain about.  But that won't stop me.

I woke up at 5 am this morning probably because I was worried about the toe and so I took a two hour nap this afternoon.  Molly wanted to go out and fraternize with the black dog (Bobo?) who lives behind us so I let her.

Change of pace. Some dogs who like to surf, snowboard and ride a scooter board.  Enjoy.


Found for Thanksgiving




       
 Have a good Turkey Day!      
                                                                    


1 comment:

Ur-spo said...

happy thanksgiving !