Sunday, March 23, 2008

Home Again


















So, I am back in Ames after a wonderful trip to Kansas City, which I am assuming you read about earlier (If not scroll down to read it.). I have been properly greeted by the dogs and Bailey has cleaned my nose with five minutes of licks.

Last evening I was e-mail chatting with Kurt and he got me to try something new. It is called i-chat and I am assuming most of you know about it. I had heard of it but never tried it. So through the magic of technology I can now i-chat (screen name jsimser) This is a picture I took of us chatting (I am in the lower right hand corner) - It was fun but we talked until after midnight

Speaking of Kurt. When I got home I found a cryptically addressed letter. Addressed to (my mark) and I opened it and found thank-you notes from Jakob and Kurt. I had not really done much of anything except get the kids Easter presents and helped play with them at the Maundy Thursday dinner but he must have put them right in the mail the next morning for them to have gotten here already. So I fired up an e-mail and thanked him for thanking-me.

I met a guy at the motel yesterday in the breakfast area and today he came out and we visited again. He had kids with him yesterday. Really nice fellow from Little Rock, Arkansas. He has a job delivering airplanes to customers round the world. I told him about the blog so I may have a new blog reader. I meant to ask him how he spells his last name because I know someone with the same last name (maybe)

I got an e-mail from the son of one of my mother's bridge club ladies (they played bridge together for over 40 years) and it was nice to reminisce with him a little. He is older than me but I don't pay much attention to that. He had attended the same grade school that I did and he found me through Google. He said he remembered me as being tall and red haired. Better memory than I do.

We had Easter Brunch at Cracker Barrel and it was good. While there I fount this little monkey which is now my new mascot. I have named him K C Crackers (K C for short) and he rides on the dashboard. Just to keep me alert.

I know I bet you think I am reverting. Well I am. So what. If you are nice I will be glad to introduce you to him. I understand that there is a virtual reality series on line so I can follow his adventures.

I left down there at 12:20 and arrived in Ames at 4:20 - I stopped once to get gas. ARTYAL and Thanks for reading my blog. Hugs, j-bear

No comments: