Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Wednesday

I feel like I have been through a wringer today. I went to Mason City this morning for the funeral of Robert Kornhauser. Ken Smith went along with me and I was glad for the company.

It was held at St. John's Episcopal Church and I had been there once before for Bob's wife' service last summer.

Bob was a Past Grand Master of the Grand Council of Royal and Select Master's of Iowa. He will be missed.

When I got back Jon was over and he was visiting about the fact that he is also considering Purdue University and has had contact from them. He was worried about whether or not he should feel loyalty to the college he visited previously and was offered a position there. I told him that he should consider all offers and take the best one.

Then this evening I went to Des Moines for the York Rite Meetings. Kurt engraved my mark in my Royal Arch Coins. He even cleaned the one coin up. I love that I finally have my mark on my coin. This is something we get when we join the Royal Arch Masons and are told to have our mark engraved. I have never been able to get mine engraved.

We had a good meeting and I enjoyed being able to be the prelate pro-tem. We had five toasts and I read the Easter Message. It was good practice for me to be ready for next Wednesday when I have the York Rite here in Ames. I have been asked to do the Easter Service for Ascension Commandery. I also enjoyed being able to talk with Kurt and Charlie and David about some things. I really enjoy these guys. More and more all the time.

Tomorrow I need to get things ready to go to Kansas City (actually I will be staying in Lee's Summit) and spend time with Ginny and Bruce. I am a little worried about the weather forecast as I heard something about "snow statewide" on Friday.

So I am kind of weary tonight. It has been a long day but a good one. I feel so sorry for Lisa Kornhauser. She had both her mother and her father pass this year. But she takes after her mother. She is a strong woman. Hold her in your thoughts and send white light" her way to sustain her during this time and Always Remember That You Are Loved. Hugs, J-Bear.

PS. I almost forgot to mention the passing of Arthur C. Clarke. He was a great Science Fiction author and many of the things he imagined have come to pass. A great talent.

No comments: