Thursday, March 20, 2008

Maundy Thursday


I had a present (Easter) for my friend Matt's son Jack so I stopped down to deliver it. He has a really nice place. I got a tour. I am jealous. Sorry the picture is blurry. They are nice kids (I am old enough I can call them both kids.)




Matt grows orchids so I took picture of them. I really wish I had nerve enough to try them. I am afraid Cassie would eat them Perhaps I will try. They are just beautiful.




Then I went to the Scottish Rite for the Maundy Thursday Dinner and service. I took two pictures of my dinner companions. Unfortunately the other folks (who were very nice) did not come out. I have to learn how to press gently. Sorry folks. But this picture of Kurt and his kids came out very nice. Click on it to go the the Consistory Blog where you can find other pictures of the event.

I really like Jakob and Abbie ( I know that is the diminutive of her name and her name is not Abigail. Kurt is going to have to put it in the comments). They are sweet kids and were both very well behaved.

You know I am so fortunate that other people will share their kids with me. Ginny and Jon have grown up and they are just not as much fun as these guys are. Jon called me this evening and told me that his friend Nick and his girlfriend are foster parents for a little baby. I told him he was old enough to have a child of his own. Then we got into a discussion about his age. I have been telling people I was 67. But I am not I was born in 1941 in November so I will be 67. Gawd it is bad enough being old with out adding a year onto my age. I must be getting senile.

Tomorrow I drive to Kansas City to be with Ginny and Bruce for a couple of days. and I need to pack. ARTYAL. Hugs, j-bear

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Jay,

That's probably one of the best pictures taken of Jakob and Abbie and I. Typically, I'm behind the lens. So, again, thank you.

Abbie's name, as you eluded to, is not Abigail. It's Abrielle, a derivative of Abraham, just female-ized. So, instead of being the father of nations, her name represents mother of nations. (Although it better not be until after she's married).

They're really great kids, and Jakob was really upset with Abbie when we left early, because he was so into the program. We read a book at bedtime called "Jesus and the Twelve Guys Who Did". Which is, of course, about the Apostles. So, Jakob was really enthralled by seeing and hearing more about them. He's such a smart, inquisitive, and analytical boy.

The entire ride home, he asked me numerous questions about what we do at the Consistory, and at Lodge, and it was a great conversation, albeit tough with a 4 year old, to explain Masonry. We concluded the conversation at home, and he told me he wants to go back to the Consistory and explore.

For bedtime tonight, we read a story about castles and knights. He remembered that I call my York Rite and Scottish Rite functions my 'knight meetings'.