Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Des Moines Preceptory

I just finished my term as Commander of the Des Moines Preceptory of the Legion of Honor for the Order of DeMolay this evening.













We had our annual meeting at the Willow Creek Golf and Country Club in Des Moines. They do a nice job there and we always enjoy ourselves. Of course we start out with a social hour.



The Legion of Honor was created to honor those who have been of service to the Order of DeMolay. There are two types. The Legionaries and the Honorary Legionaries. I received the Honorary Legion of Honor. Those who have actually been members of the Order of DeMolay wear red cords. Every year on March 18 we meet together and reaffirm our commitment to the Order.



Those who can do, those who can't teach. Or at least so I have been told. I happen to know a raconteur by the name of Jack Butler so I prevailed upon him to tell the opening joke. He got a good laugh
We heard a report from Executive Officer Bill Paisley who told us about some successes and challenges in Iowa DeMolay.
And then my speaker of the evening was Most Worshipful Donald E. Mosier, Grand Master of Masons in Iowa who gave us a very nice talk about DeMolay and the Lodge. I am very grateful for his attendance and speech. We are very fortunate in Iowa for the caliber of the Grand Masters we have had and are going to have.
After the Grand Master's talk we were re-obligated by D. Dean Johnson, Past Grand Master and dismissed with prayer by Bill Yungclas, Past Grand Chaplain. The torch was passed to Bryce Hildreth as the new Commander. All in all it was a very good evening. I hope you all had a good day also. ARTYAL. Hugs, j

No comments: