Friday, March 28, 2008

Scottish Rite - Spring Reunion

I went to Des Moines tonight for the first night of the Scottish Rite Spring Reunion. I had to show my card that I had inceed paid my dues to get in. Actually Wade knew that but he had to give me grief about it. I enjoyed the evening even though I did not stay for the entire event.

You can see all the pictures I took HERE.


Ron complained that he never got to see a picture of me so I gave him the camera and he took two pictures. I don't think it is too bad for an ugly old fart.
This is what the evening and the Reunion is all about. The Pete Paschall Class. Nineteen Master Masons who began their Scottish Rite Journey tonight. Being there brought back memories. I was a member of the Bicentennial Class of 1976 and I can still remember the confusion at the very beginning wondering who all those guys were. Now most of them are friends and it is fun to go to the Scottish Rite meetings.
I snapped this picture out the window of the car driving home. I was going 70 mph and I think it is a pretty good picture.

I went up to Aunt Jo's today to work with her on her e-mail and computer. Georgia was there also and between the two of us I think we confused Jo more than she had been. Maybe not. Anyway for some reason all of her contacts had disappeared and we finally had to call Lee in Texas and he got on her account and fixed it so now she can e-mail folks.

I am going down tomorrow to take more pictures and see some more of the Scottish Rite degrees. I am surprised at how many of them I have forgotten about. Then I think I will go out to Chef's Kitchen and eat supper since there isn't going to be a meal at the Scottish Rite tomorrow night. ARTYAL, Hugs, j

No comments: