Friday, March 21, 2008

Everything is Up to Date in Kansas City

This song has been going through my head all day long.

Ev'rythin's up to date in Kansas City
They've gone about as fur as they c'n go!
They went and built a skyscraper seven stories high,
About as high as a buildin' orta grow.
Ev'rythin's like a dream in Kansas City,
It's better than a magic lantern show!
Y' c'n turn the radiator on whenever you want some heat.
With ev'ry kind o' comfort ev'ry house is all complete.
You c'n walk to privies in the rain and never wet your feet!
They've gone about as fur as they c'n go,
(Yes sir!)
They've gone about as fur as they c'n go!

Ev'rythin's up to date in Kansas City
They've gone about as fur as they c'n go!
They got a big theayter they call a burlesque.
Fer fifty cents you c'n see a dandy show.
One of the gals was fat and pink and pretty,
As round above as she was round below.
I could swear that she was padded from her shoulder to her heel,
But latter in the second act when she began to peel
She proved that ev'rythin' she had was absolutely real!
She went about as fur as she could go,
(Yes sir!)

Ginny and Bruce came over and picked me up. I had left Ames about 9:15 and I was down her at 1:23 so I made good time. Of course, I did not stop and drink coffee or eat as I used to have to do when traveling with mother. They took me for a drive around to see some of the places Ginny hangs out. First to a lake where we saw some Geese who were not bothered at all by my taking of their picture.



















Then it was out to Ginny's school. I see what she means when she complains about the place not being level.














The Unity Village is where the World Headquarters of the Unity Church is located. It is very impressive.

Then we stopped by their place to visit the kitty what lives with them. Kes sort of looked at me and then ignored me. I like the place they live. They have a lake and there were geese and ducks on it.

We went to Borders so I could pick up another pair of reading glasses. (That is the only thing I left at home) and ate at a very nice restaurant. Now I am back here watching John Adams on HBO. I think I am sorry I don't have HBO - but I am too cheap. ARTYAL, Hugs, j-bear

No comments: