Saturday, March 22, 2008

March 22, 2008

Click on the picture to be taken to an album of all the pictures I took today.Ginny picked me up and we went to the Lakeside Nature Center. It is a beautiful Center and has many animals and birds. They have birds which have been injured and cannot live in the wild. Two bald eagles. I took the pictures for Bob - We both love Eagles. Below that is a broad tailed hawk. Big bird! These birds were found injured and would not have survived if not for the center. There is something infinitely sad to be about these birds who cannot fly but I know they ae well cared for and they do serve a purpose to allow us to see them up close.

My Sis looks pretty good. You can tell that she loves being able to be around nature and always has. There are many places in this large city that have "wild" places. To get to the nature center we went through an area that reminded me of the Ledges.
We had lunch at a really nice coffee house and then went to the Truman Library. I had been there before but it was exciting to go again. I think Truman will always be my favorite president.

My aunt and uncle, (Jean and Carl) had this exact same table and chairs in their kitchen and I sat at it many, many times. Carl used to feed their little dog Cindy using his fork at the table. She was such a neat dog and would come over to our place (across the field) for a visit.
This is the exhibit case where Brother Truman's Masonic memorabilia is displayed.
Truman said about the Scottish Rite.
"The Scottish Rite has done its best to make a man of me, but they had such a grade of material to start with that they did a poor job I fear. It is the most impressive ceremony I ever saw or read. If a man doesn't try better after seeing it, he has a screw loose somewhere."

Next we went to an antique ,all but all they had was a bunch of "old stuff" - I have a house full of that so I resisted the temptations to buy.
Then we went back to Ginny and Bruce's apartment complex to pick up Bruce and we went to Ruby Tuesday's for supper.You know I really think the Lord had a hand in bringing Bruce and Ginny together. He is so good to her and I feel so good about her being with him. I have really enjoyed my time down here. But I miss Bailey. ARTYAL, Hugs, j-bear.
PS. I love my new camera. I only had to trash three pictures and all of these pictures were take without flash. I was not allowed to use flash at the Truman Library and the camera performed beautifully.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

great pictures, jay. you have a really good eye.