Monday, February 16, 2009

Awesome Eagle

Bob writes that he spent a wonderful four hours along the Des Moines River along the SE 6th Street Bridge on Monday. (about a half mile east of the Principal Ball Park for the Des Moines Cubs. He promises more to come.

I had a wonderful evening. First I went to Des Moines and reconnected with Egyptian Treasures which has moved to the Valley West Mall. It was fun to see the guys who run it and I was able to find a gift for someone special. Then I stopped at the Gateway Market to get my oatmeal. And then I met Kurt at the Consistory to practice some Ritual. He is learning some things and I help out by holding the book for him. The book is written in code but after 30 some years in the organization I can read it.

After we went for supper and conversation. I enjoy the range of our conversations. We can talk about anything.

When I got back there were two messages on my phone. Well one message and a hang up. My phone number is one digit off from a relator so about once a day I get a call asking me if I have a one bedroom to sublet or rent. This time she left a message.

It was really fun to get home in time to watch Wild Bil Yungclas on channel 8 News. Bill has been the head cheerleader for the ISU Girl's basketball. He is hanging it up. I think he will miss it but one of the Lodge Brothers is promising to take up the slack. I don't know though he is kind of young.

Thanks for stopping by. ARTYAL. Hugs, j

1 comment:

Ruth Hull Chatlien said...

That is such an awesome photo--meant in the original meaning of the word, inspiring awe.